Youth Unlimited began as a storefront ministry in downtown High Point in 1968. A group of businessmen and ministers, concerned about the welfare of local teenagers, founded Youth Unlimited as a response to the problems and turmoil of that time. From a storefront ministry to its current array of programs, Youth Unlimited has successfully worked with kids and their families who find themselves in some of life’s most difficult situations:
- Adolescents facing serious trouble.
- Children with no place to call home.
- Kids who have been neglected and abused.
- Teenagers on the verge of throwing their lives away.
Since its inception, Youth Unlimited has evolved into an agency with a continuum of services for children from birth to 18 years of age in both community and residential programs. Youth Unlimited has made its place in the Triad as a positive force for kids and families who are often at the end of their resources. Youth Unlimited truly gives kids a second chance at family life, personal success and a promising future.
Youth Unlimited’s mission is to provide a continuum of services to children, adolescents and their families that will develop the strengths of each individual into productive life skills.
Youth Unlimited provides an array of services to help kids and families:
- Therapeutic and Family Foster Care
- Residential Programs
- Maternity Home
- Community-Based Services
Our purpose is to give kids a second chance at life. To guide our decisions and work, Youth Unlimited adheres to the following values:
- Each person is unique and endowed with special gifts and talents to carry out his or her unique purpose in life.
- Relationships are foundational.
- Integrity is our ethic.
- Excellence is our goal.
- Innovation is our tradition.
- Faith is our cornerstone.